00:27:09- - 9.32 MB
Kate Hogle has worked in radio and TV sales until 1998 when she made a life changing decision of running her own business. In that year, she started Ohana Media Partners with Kit Warrington. Kate currently sits as president and Media Director of KWME, having acquired the company in 2002.
Kate runs KWME with three employees. Through hard work, persistence, determination, and the foresight to grow and change with times, she has retained and grown the company’s clients, some of which have been with them for more than 26 years.
Her community involvement includes more than half a decade with Aloha United Way and Women in the World (New Hope), and three years with MDA Lock Up, and two years with Marriage Builders (New Hope).
Greater Good Radio brings Kate Hogle, who has been an account executive for more than 17 years prior to entering business, as she talks about hiring people of high potential and investing in their growth and development as an employee. Kate says that even though she has stumbled and fallen, having good individuals around her has helped in steering her back to the right path.
“Not everything was successful,” she says. “I tripped and stumbled along the way on certain things but for the most part I think what makes the difference is the people that I work with, really investing in them; and then the clients that we’ve been able to grow; and keeping with the times of the different things that I do.”
In this interview, Kate reveals how developing and maintaining good rapport with employees, and customers and clients make all the difference in protracting growth and achieving objectives.
Listen now and find out more — with a special rendition of Kate’s musical prowess — only here on Greater Good Radio.
Kate Hogle sits as president and media director of KWME. Kate has more than 17 years of account management experience. She is a member of the Hawaii Broadcasting Association, Hawaii Advertising Federation, and other targeted organizations. Kate’s community involvement includes seven years of media placement for Aloha United Way, and seven years of Leading Women In The Word, Bible Studies at New Hope.
· Kate Hogle joined KWME in 1998 as an account executive
· Kate became president and media director of KWME in 2002
· She has 17 years of account management experience including media buying and media sales experience.
· Kate was raised in Hawaii, graduating from high school at Maryknoll in 1987.
· She received her Bachelor’s degree from the University of Southern California (1991)
· She was awarded a four-year scholarship USC for Drama andCinematography
· Kate taught sales training seminars for Oceanic Time Warner, including consultant selling and customer service care
· She is involved with the Hawaii Broadcasting Association, Hawaii Advertising Federation, and other targeted organizations.
· Her community involvement includes 7 years of Media Placement for AUW, 3 Years of MDA Lock-up, and 7 years of Leading Women In The Word, Bible Studies at New Hope
· Kate grew up in a family involved in the media. Her mother was in radio sales.
Throw to break 1…2…
Thanks, we’ll talk more about that after the break.
· She worked in California out of college at Aetna Health plans Admin Assistant moved into marketing.
· Kate moved back to Hawaii after the LA riots
· She worked in Radio and TV sales with success until 1998 when I made a life changing decision to start my own business
· In 1998, she started Ohana Media Partners and partnered with Kit Warrington of KWME
· She got married to Scott Hogle who is also in the media in 2000
· Kate runs KWME with three employees
· Through hard work, determination, and the foresight to grow and change with the times, she has retained and grown KWME’s core of 20 clients, some who have been with KWME for over 26 years
· Kate considers women who have succeeded in making a difference at work, home and in the community, as her greatest inspiration.
Listen on Youtube: