Free Contents :-
00:28:58- - 9.95 MB
“Take the leap and have fun doing it,” advises Tom Zimmerman, president and director of Central Pacific Homeloans, to individuals who want to venture into business.
Tom has more than 12 years of experience as a mortgage professional, and combined with his zeal for entrepreneurship, has become an effective business leader in this side of the financial industry.
Previously, he was President of Hawaii HomeLoans, Inc., and Senior Vice-President of the Mortgage Banking division at Bank of Hawaii. There, Tom was responsible for all of the Bank´s residential loan production. Under his leadership Bank of Hawaii´s market share grew from seven percent in 1995 to over thirty percent in 2001.
Tom is a proven sales manager and leader and enjoys an excellent reputation among the states Realtors, Builders, Developers and other real estate professionals. Tom is a past director of the Building Industry Association of Hawaii and currently serves as a trustee of the Le Jardin Windward Oahu Academy. Tom is a graduate of Chaminade University with a degree in business administration.
Listen to this interview and gather Tom’s insights on hiring the right employees and how this proves essential in the growth of a business – all this and more only here on Greater Good Radio.
Thomas C. Zimmerman
Experience 9/2005 to present Central Pacific HomeLoans, Inc. Honolulu, Hawaii
President / Director – CPHL / SVP – Central Pacific Bank
· Supervise all mortgage banking activities for the Company, including: Finance, Secondary Marketing, Loan Origination, Marketing, Operations and Underwriting
· Establish policies and procedures; maintain records and agreements for all corporate activities.
· Represent the Company publicly
12/2001 to 8/2005 Hawaii HomeLoans, Inc. Honolulu, Hawaii
President / Co-Founder / Director
· Founding and Formation of the mortgage banking firm
· Supervise all day-to-day mortgage banking operations related to the Company’s secondary marketing, retail loan origination, wholesale loan origination and financial activities
· Set policies and procedures; maintain records and agreements for all corporate activities.
· Represent the Company publicly
2/1995 to 11/2001 Bank of Hawaii Kapolei, Hawaii
Senior Vice President – Residential Loan Origination
· Manage all aspects of residential loan origination functions.
· Responsible for generation of retail and wholesale mortgage loans, as well as the Bank’s Home Equity Line of Credit Product (HELOC).
· Establish all policies and procedures regarding the sale and origination of residential mortgage loans by the Bank’s retail, wholesale and branch delivery channels
11/1990 – 1/1995 Honolulu Mortgage Company Honolulu, Hawaii
Vice President – Project Lending
· Implemented and established the company’s project lending department, focusing on new residential development projects with the State of Hawaii.
· Responsible for production of loans within new development projects constructed by Castle & Cooke, Schuler Homes, Towne Development, Gentry Homes, and numerous other Hawaii-based development entities.
· Oversight of all operational functions for project development including the processing of project approvals for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA and a variety of other investors and mortgage insurance providers
Education BBA – Management Chaminade University Honolulu, Hawaii
High School Diploma Ashland High School Ashland, Ohio
Affiliations Trustee Le Jardin Academy Kailua, Hawaii
Director HUGS Honolulu, Hawaii
Director/Treasurer Kainalu Little League Kailua, Hawaii
Director/Treasurer Friends of HISAM Honolulu, Hawaii
Member YPO Honolulu, Hawaii
Member The Pacific Club Honolulu, Hawaii
Former Director Building Industry Association Honolulu, Hawaii
Central Pacific Home Loans