00:26:29- - 9.10 MB
Any one can be of service to others and to the environment in their own special way. Regardless of financial and physical capacity, an individual may perform a civic duty by getting down to the basics.
For Chris Harris, one of the partners at Intech Management, Shredex and Island Shell, it is by collecting trash during a leisurely walk along the beach. Having a strong connection with the ocean, Chris volunteers for the Surfrider Foundation and has been involved with the Blue Water Task Force doing water testing back in college.
Albeit not as actively involved as he hopes, Chris tries to fulfill his share to that piece of community obligation the best way he normally can by picking up rubbish.
“I’m not as active as I’d like to be in the Surfrider Foundation but when they had the beach clean up days, I definitely participate in that,” he said. “On a personal note, everyday when you go to the beach you can make a big difference just by picking trash up – just by breaking it down to the real basic stuff.”
Greater Good brings Chris Harris, serial entrepreneur, to the airwaves talking about the importance of providence and care for nature. In this interview, Chris mentions how he has learned to save and shares to listeners how he has come to value investing in the future.
Find out more about Chris’ involvement in the community and the environment—and how his companies’ activities interweave to provide an effective and efficient production process. All these and more only on Greater Good Radio.
An entrepreneur at heart, his core business philosophy focuses on privacy protection and environmental preservation through recycling. He has been in business since 1995 with a transport and parking company, and has gathered much experience and knowledge, which led to innovative ventures in Hawaii. He is co-owner of the only company in the State that makes products from recycled paper, Intech Management. Please welcome to Greater Good Television, Chris Harris.
· Chris Harris is a partner at Shredex LLC, IslandShell LLC, and Intech Management
· Displaying adeptness in entrepreneurship, Chris has founded and managed several other organizations mostly in the mainland
· He was a partner at Santa Barbara Parking Company, Mission Security & Control, and Shredex LLC in California.
· Chris and his companies are veered towards environmental preservation
· Intech began recycling old newspaper, cardboard and phone books into hydromulch, insulation and oil change boxes 15 years ago
· He is a member of the Board of Directors for Young Business Council and a member of National Association for Information Destruction (NAID)
· Chris is affiliated with the Association of Records Managers and Administrators (ARMA), and American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS)
· Chris was born on October, 1972 in Orange County, California
· He majored in Geography and received his Bachelor’s degree in UC Santa Barbara
· Through his company, Chris runs a Bi-Annual Free Community Shred Days for Oahu, Maui, Big Island and Kauai
· He is actively involved with Aiea-Pearl City Business Association, and a participant to the Annual Participant in Friendship Paddle, and Surfrider Foundation
· Chris is married to Michelle since 2000
· Chris enjoys surfing, paddle boarding, kite surfing, trail riding and hiking with his wife
· Chris and his family currently resides in Kailua
· Chris looks up to his father, grandfather, John Wayne, and anyone who is serving the army
· His favorite books are Fish! A Remarkable Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results, The Ultimate Gift, Uncommon Ground, and Who Moved My Cheese!
Listen on Youtube: